Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Media Limbo

Gainesville

Started this once before on the laptop, but had to abandon it.

Fall Sunday = Football. That pretty much consumed the day, but in the background I kept thinking, "It's Mom's birthday!" and hoping you had a happy one. I figured a call from me would just add to the confusion, and besides, you hear from me most days.

It was all to enjoyable to watch Jax pound the Jets into powder, 41-0. But sad to say that the Fish and Bucs lost close ones. And was glad to see San Diego get a football win on the same night they got knocked out of the baseball playoffs.

How sweet it is to have the Invincible, Best Line-up Yankees, at least the best money can buy, wiped out once again. This just in: it's the best TEAM that wins, not a collection of over-paid super star egos.

Also sweet: having TiVo back in action with beautiful clear vid. Programing info all in place and up-to-date. However, the problem with displaying regular broadcast networks (which we have to get from cable, still) has not been solved, so my plans to sample a few new shows are on hold. Gainesville is both too large and too small a market to interest the satellite provider, so we're caught in media limbo for now.

Made a skillet stroganoff with flank steak-- it turned out well enough, but was very tough. I shoulda cut it in smaller strips.

New week starts tomorrow. Can't remember how long it's been since I had two whole weeks off. Maybe after this one, I'll actually believe that this vacation may go on longer than usual...

But Wednesday morning I have to go in one more time as employee, for the official so long, plus a few clean-up errands on my computer. Then I'm FREE... free fallin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home