Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Home Improvement

Gainesville

Happy Birthday, Chris. Wherever you are. Hope you have a good one.

I'm having email problems too-- haven't been able to get to my work email for nearly two weeks, and the way I've been connecting (imap) means I can't open the mail that I seem to have received locally. Very frustrating, as I have many of my contacts only in in that address book.

I belatedly realized that the football festivities didn't start until 3:00, and would extend into the late evening. The second game went so long that I had to miss the first showing of the first new Battlestar Galactica of the new year. Nothing for it but to stay up and watch the second showing, at midnight.

I was happy with the outcome of both games. Bill was hoping the Saints would win, though he would ordinarily back the Bears. And for some reason, during the course of the second game, he decided he didn't like the Colts. I was hoping Peyton would finally get past his jinx, and was bored with Tom Terrific and company so was pleased with that too.

Doug called late during the second game and announced that he would be spending the night with us Tuesday night on his way to some meeting. That jerked around my plans for the week, but not too drastically. The house is in decent shape, and Blessings got done today. Need to dash out tomorrow and get a hair cut and some liquor, though.

So, Marty has a new job? Someone share the details, please. Hope all goes will with it.

We are getting ready to start a major home improvement project: a new roof. Our various repairs over the years have not stopped the seeping into the master bathroom-- no use trying to get rid of mildew and paint in there until that is fixed. Work is scheduled to begin this week, weather permitting. Wouldn't you know, it rained today for the first time in over a week.

Time to start a countdown to liftoff, a week from tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home