Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Finalities

Gainesville

Welcome back, Mom, as a full-fledged blogger. And glad you find the new version easier to use as well.

I don't know anything about Magioni except for that one famous tune. Another thing I'll need to ask Bill about, since he's a fan.

Whoa, nice work on the Eiffel Tower puzzle, Sandy! Great pictures. And what a feeling of accomplishment, in addition to Proof of Leisure Time.

I made Sandy's chicken dish tonight, using thighs. Very good! Bill commented on how well it turned out. There was enough juice-stuff to make sauce, but I didn't try-- no chicken broth available in small amounts, and I wasn't sure how much time I'd have. Turned out I had plenty; maybe next time. The turnip fries managed to be both soggy and burnt (how'd I do that?) and the avocado I sliced was slightly past it, so was not very pretty on the plate. Luckily, the splendor of the main dish made up for the inadequacy of the sides.

I see there are new biographies out of both Julia (Childs) and Alice (Waters). Both look like they'll be fun reads.

Tonight was the season 3 finale of Battlestar Galactica. Yow! Multiple whammy! [Spoiler Alert:] I'd already guessed two of the characters were going to be revealed as Cylons, but was not prepared for four of them! And Starbuck appearing at the very end, looking ghostly/ghastly. [End Spoiler Alert] But the worst, most horrible moment came with the words "To Be Continued in 2008." NOOOOOOO!!! I can't possible wait that long. That's the worst part about cable channel shows-- they can set their own schedules and make you wait as long as they want.

Realized today I could no longer renew my library books online. Need to check out exactly what my current library privileges are. Decided it was time to actually buy my own copies of the important comics-related ones, and so will have some big Amazon boxes arriving over the next few weeks. Only six books, but most are out of print and some are huge.

If you don't read Lio regularly, you must check out today's hilarious parody of FBoFW. Outstanding! (Actually, since you'll be reading this tomorrow, you may have to select the previous day off the menu-- don't have a permalink for it, alas.)

Going to rewatch BSG (once is never enough to catch it all) then read a bit.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Yes, I caught the Lio. Loved it and knew you would!

Marty dropped by briefly last night on her way home from a hockey banquet in Baldwin. Had to hurry off to get home for BG. She keeps forgetting to mention that she's hooked on it too.

Glad the chicken was good. It's a nice, easy recipe that's delicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home