Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

24.III.07 - MoM

I saw your e-mail this morning, but I have learned that I need to check with Sandy before I do even open it. And, after a while she called and said she might come in today or tomorrow to take care of it. With one or the other of you posting these for me, it's no sweat.

I barely finished sending last nights blog when I fell asleep in the chair and didn't wake up until 11:30 p.m. After I got to bed, I could not get to sleep again until after 2:30 a.m. Was awake at 5 but did get in another hour. Had to have 2 nap periods, the last one in the late afternoon before what I had expected to be an early meal. Food is over with and I can enjoy my drinks before bedtime again.

Yesterday, I kept cooking down the rotiss chicken bones, a small batch as I had shrunk wrapped most of the meaty remaining parts. I had it on low but a couple of times it was just at burning point when I remembered so I had a little good "brown" broth so I added a beef broth cube to it. Tonight I mixed it into a small can of V-8 juice and added a dollop of sour cream and a batch of fresh minced dill weed. I haven't liked tomato soup for quite some time, but it was interesting and a nice change. However, I doubt it I will make it again. At least, it was quick and easy. I finished with a bowl of maple nut ice cream. With my taste buds all but dead, it really doesn't matter what I eat.

I didn't do further research on the HD radio, today. A feature I like is the remote. They advertise it as being able to have it in your computer room and far away enough to cut the computer interference. That is a problem when I bring my weather radio near me and my laptop in the front room. My bedside alarm/weather/am and fm radio, has a channel that has audio of TV channels. Now that it is hard for me turn over since my accident, a remote would be handy. I am a little discouraged with my leg as it hurt much more than usual to walk today and I had to use the walker most of the day. At least my bad neck problem seems to be gone. Oh! The aches and pains of getting old! Thank goodness, mine are still tolerable.

I am really enjoying the new x-words. Today, instead of spending time with FreeCell, I attacked the "Easy, Breezy" X-Word Book. It varies a lot from easy to relatively hard. Really better for stimulating my brain cells than FreeCell.

I had a first today. I cut my pieces of candy in quarters before eating due to my weird teeth. This time I was "sawing" a chocolate cherry with a paring knife and the knife broke in the middle of the handle! When I went into a drawer in the kitchen that I seldom use (mostly it was DoD's favorite breakfast and lunch utensils), there were mouse droppings. I ran a soapy sink full of water and put all in, and washed out the drawer. They are now drying ready to go back in the clean drawer. As far as I could see, the other drawers in that cabinet are turd free.

I had a better than usual weekly chat with Thea -- without her hearing aid and she heard better than usual. The only thing I wasn't able to explain was the pussy willows that Sandy and Charlie had gathered and she brought some to me yesterday.

Thea enjoyed talking about their Spain and Portugal travels, after I told her about Chris and Kay going Madrid next month. I had forgotten that they had stayed in Torremolinos, Spain years ago. Hard to top our 60 feet of private balcony of a 2 bedroom apartment with the Med below. One of the pictures on the collage of in the hall is DoD enjoying a drink there. We had good experiences with Sandy in Spain and Portugal, too. How could we have been so lucky. I just Googled Torremolinos and got the correct spelling that word doesn't recognize. If we had had Google way back in the dark ages, think of even how much more fun we would have had planning trips. As it was, DoD spent hours on train connections and I poured over all the hotel and apartment guides. However, we did well with what we had to work with!

I also loved the Alhambra. It was part of high school English class and I never expected to visit it. One night DoD got trapped in an elevator with some female nurses when he went to the bar for ice while we were staying in a hotel near there -- he loved it.

I have been stretching my 2 drinks over several hours, as usual,but will soon be going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home