Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, March 23, 2007

23.III.07 - MoM

I have a good radio by my bed that I leave on all night but in the bathroom I have a little tinny one that doesn't get the best reception especially during the night. This morning in the newspaper they had a long article about HD radio. Remembering that my two favorite nighttime stations, one am and the other fm, are both HD, I decided it was time to think about replacing the tinny and noisy little radio in the bathroom. So, I spent a lot of time this morning researching the various models and checking the buyer's comments and recommendations on Amazon. It doesn't help that I am dumb about the whole thing but anything would be a great improvement and the prices are reasonable and within the range I had expected to pay. Will research it further tomorrow. Any suggestions appreciated, but probably will order it tomorrow.

Currently, I listen mostly to talk TV stuff. Recently, I have been hearing a commercial with Randy Travis singing. It has reminded how much I enjoy his stuff that we have. Think I will try to get all my various tapes, discs, etc., together and see what is useable and start to enjoy them again.

I made some more broth today and think I will try to mix it with some V-8 to make a soup of some sort. Tonight, I had some augmented potato salad that Sandy brought by on a shopping for Charlie. I always add a lot of stuff to potato salad and deviled eggs for my taste. She made the recipe from the Star Trib that I sent to her that was for the Red Lobster biscuits. I think they are even better than the original, and the texture was super.

I am going to be go bed early tonight!! I keep falling asleep!

* * * * *

Still copying from a 4 page letter to Sandy in late December of 1984 from Saalfelden, Austria.

I am enclosing a check for postage for People. Will try to keep some track of it and send more before too long. I still have a couple that I not read as I save them for bathroom and just before turning out the light at night. The toilet room here is not as warm and cozy as some of our others so do not spend as much time there. [It was in its own tiny "room" but with no heat, so eventually we bought a little heater and ran an extension cord so when all the heat was automatically off during winter nights we didn't freeze when we got the urge. I'm sure you girls don't remember that we had a nice separate little room for the toilet on Harvard, in SF. Nice with only one bathroom.]

I found out why the crab was $10.50 per can. It was all full leg meat and just beautiful. We did not try to save any but will eat the little last today with lunch. Still have a can for New Year's morning. Found that we can get the same brand (but may not be that fancy) in Innsbruck, and can get chili powder there, and even closer in Kitzbühel. Don't know what Saalfelden has against chili powder. However, I got the good stuff -- 4 jars of Spice Island in München so that should last me a little while.

Had a nice letter from Bob's mother and a very good picture of them. I do hope that one of these days I can get a picture that I could send. The one Deb took would not be bad if I could just take off my chin with the light hitting it. Also, had a cute card and note from Patsy. Tell her we enjoyed hearing from her. Hope they can get over to see us. [Charles did get there and stayed with us for several days. I didn't recognize him when we met him at the train -- he had shaved his beard and was so nattily dressed that he looked years younger. I wasn't used to having someone around drinking gin on ice in a glass like mine and was always drinking out of any glass that looked like mine. It was a fun visit.]

It is now Saturday. Had a nice time at the Wontrobas. She had done much fancy cookie and goodies baking and wanted us to try everything. Glenn and I finally broke each thing in half so we could share and sample more things. A lot of their homemade movies were made from the car, but we enjoyed them anyway. Saw three reels (large full ones) of their 97! Once they rented a pilot and little plane for a present for her birthday, then flew out of Munich and over this area and the mountains for several hours while she took movies.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home