Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mom's Sunday Blog

18.III.07 - MoM

I hope I survive the agony of the knot in my shoulder/neck. I even took a couple of Tylenols this afternoon and they didn't help much. I can't stand to eat at my desk in my good office chair as the pain is horrendous. The only relief I was getting was in my recliner with my legs up. While talking with Kay today she suggested an exercise and it did help the first time I did it, but can't make it work again. I am also using the "knobber" with a only a bit of relief -- the kind that hurts so much that I get a little relief when I stop.

Of course, I couldn't keep to my chair but decided I wanted to see what I could do with my herbs for a note card design. I am feeling frustrated with no flowers to work with so I decided to try this. I did manage to make a set of 12 after a lot of the usual fussing with it. It is nothing spectacular and will still take some computer printing additions and tweeking to the scanned stuff. The main thing I guess is that I enjoy working at it.

(I am happy that since I have started writing this while in my chair, my neck is feeling some better again.)

Only about 25 BEBugs today and it was plenty hot in there and that usually brings them out. I even took my 15 minute nap in Lafuma out there.

Nothing else new -- just the Sunday papers in the morning. Did miss the weekly TV section that meant not having my favorite x-word -- my Sunday morning pastime. Not worth the hassle of a call about it. It doesn't happen very open and I am just happy to have the weekend papers at the front door again.

I went to bed about 10:30 p.m last night, only turned over once and could not believe that I slept the entire night without waking and with no leg pain. I guess I was catching up on all the previous short nights. So far my neck hasn't given me much trouble at night.

* * * * *

Continuing a letter I sent to Sandy and Bob, in mid - Dez, '84.

Had a letter from Thea today and heard about their car being stolen. Will quote her letter. On October 19th about 12:30 p.m. Herb went to our local shopping center to get things for the weekend. It was crowded and parking spots were full. He drove around a few times and saw a woman getting into a car. He went to ask her if she was going out (she wasn't). As he turned around, only about 5 ft. away from our car, a young black in a Volvo drove up in back. Herb said to him, 'I'll let you right out.' In a flash this guy jumped out of his car into ours and drove off, leaving the car he was in with the motor on. Herb called the police immediately and found that the Volvo had been stolen in Berkeley two days before. To make a long story short, we did not get any report on our car until October 31st. It was found by the police in a parking lot at 15th and Alice in Oakland. There was not too much damage -- the radio was wrecked and the ignition was jammed and the back bumper had to be replaced. We had a bunch of stuff in the trunk but only a few items were stolen. We did not get back the use of our car until a week ago, but the radio had to be sent to the factory for parts. It still has not been returned. We had a rental car for almost a month -- a 1983 Buick -- 2 door. We managed O.K. The insurance company had our car washed, polished, disinfected and sterilized. I, of course, went all over the inside with Hezol anyhow. Herb said it was filthy when he first saw it at the police parking lot. Both the insurance co and we thought the car was gone for good. It had only 16,500 miles on it, 3 new tires, full tank of gasoline." The letter came after I had sealed the card and letter I had written Suzy so she has not heard about this yet. I'll bet Herb was fit to be tied!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home