Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mom today

17.III.07 - MoM

Happy St. Pat's Day (Pat Dupzyk's birthday, too. His given name was Robert Raymond, but nicknamed Pat due to his birth date. He is probably dead by now from Parkinson's. Last time he called us was in late 90's.)

I didn't get up until a little after 6 a.m. After all, I didn't go to bed until 12:30 a.m. I had to nap several times mid-day but that isn't all that unusual.

I was able to get my hostess thank you note done and out in time for the before noon mail pick up. It always takes me a bit as I have to compose it, decide on the print style, match the color of the ink to the design for the message and envelope, etc.

My efforts on the BEBugs continue to seem to pay off as there were only about 30 today and I only had to make two quick vacuum passes. I had another one land on my finger while at the computer last night. Even with the glass in the doors in the sunroom open, it was still beastly hot. That does help warm the house. I really need to get a new little fan for the door to bring the heat in better. I found one in a catalog but didn't order it at once, so now I need to find it again. Haven't checked with Amazon.

Nothing much else new today. Having sliced rotiss chicken again, this time with one of the Omaha Steak Co., Au Gratin Potato Balls. My V-8 juice was my veggie again. I still do my Boost at least once every day. The shrimp dip with chips tasted great for breakfast this morning.

(Fascinated by the new verbs that are turning up these days. In an Op Ex this morning was a new one to me. At least, I think it is a verb. If not what is it? The quotes, etc., are theirs. The "bold" is mine.) -- Ever since Sunday's announcement that "The chairman, president and CEO will office from and be based in Dubai to run the company from the (United Arab Emirates)," there have been questions about what the transplanted Halliburton will owe to the United States.

Will send this via Sandy and her e-mail again. Will give it a quick "proof" after I eat.


* * * * *

Just came across this letter and it fits in more or less with the timeline of recent letters. Our first Christmas in Saalfelden.

Copy Mid-Dez 84

Dear Sandy and Bob,

Want to get the check in the mail, so hopefully you will get it before you leave for Florida. Had a letter from Chris and he said he hopes to see you there.

Had a pretty successful overnight shopping run to München this week. Still trying to get to Italy, but planning a shortie to Verona for next week now. Did not see how I could get things ready to have the Wontrobas next Sunday and be away during the week. Tried to find canned pumpkin or mincemeat to make a pie but could not. Sorry now that I did not buy the jar of mincemeat we saw in the store in Frankfurt Flughafen on our way home from Paris, but we were pretty loaded down and DoD was feeling peasley. So instead we will have a plum pudding that we found in München and DoD will make his good hard sauce.

Got a lot of Tex-Mex stuff and canned crab ($10.50 per can at Dallmayrs). I am going to put away part from each of the 2 cans to make another breakfast. Even got a jar of Kraft mayo to take the place of the stuff we got here that I don't like. Came back with almost $100 of stuff.

We stayed Hilton, as usual, and the Vista gift was a large bottle of Champagne. Like that better than the tin of candy in Vienna. Could not believe the crowds in the stores. The Pltaz in front of the Rathaus was again having its Christmas Fair. We found a good Lebensmittle in a department store a block from Becks and Dallmayrs. I did strike out on tomato sauce, however.

Still have not had snow, although the temperature has been mostly in the 20's. Even the all-year snow covered peaks are losing snow. It has been so dry. Had a bit of precip last night, but then the temp warmed to 26 F. But when we went shopping first thing this morning, it had stopped but the temp had dropped and the walking was plenty slippery.

Just got back from buying our tree in the Rathaus Platz here. It is a nice sized silver ttip and is on one of the little white plastic tables in the corner between the book cases and balcony door. [Our trees there had to be small as we had to get them home on foot.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home