Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Brining Adventure

Gainesville

I'm about to have a cooking adventure: I've launched the Chipotle Roast Pork which Sandy and I spotted in the Chronicle when we were in Alameda. I couldn't figure out the logistics several weeks ago when I bought the roast, so popped it in the freezer. Of course, that just added to the logistical problems, since thawing has to be factored in. I thawed it today, and tonight made the brine. I will wait til the last possible minute to start the brining process, as it says 12-16 hours. It will probably be close to 17 if I do it before bed tonight. I should have my report on it, along with tips and traps, tomorrow night.

I finished another book: Rosa's Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. It is very wonderful, a fitting tribute to Barks, and dripping with love for the Master. Now, of course, I want to read or re-read every single source he used. If only I had them all. Actually, the Library probably has most of them, since Donald Ault has given us most of his stuff. I'm still planning to go into the Lib on Wednesday to see about the comics collection. Think I'll make Ault Collection the first order of business.

Wrote some bills and needed to get them to the P.O. today. While out I did a supplementary shop, so we should be set for the week.

Tonight's meal was bizarre-- little pizza-like things on portabella mushroom caps, and a piccata tuna salad. Not all that successful, as far as I'm concerned, but Bill and the cat both enjoyed the tuna.

Think I'll maybe read Gaiman again this year: either a passage from Stardust, or the short story "Chivalry." He's just so much fun to read aloud.

Sorry the blog upgrade caused you problems, Mom. I hope Sandy can get it straightened out for you. I wish I had a functioning Mac so I could help.

Your bug infestation-- how awful! Don't you have any kind of pest control companies that make house calls? We couldn't survive here without that service.

Sandy, I must know about Sage Cheese Rebaked Mashed Potatoes! And Julienned Leeks, and... well, it all sounds wonderful, and I wish I were there to snarf it all up.

And speaking of snarfing, I can see I'll be ready for another pass through Austen herself soon.

Guess it's about the last possible moment now. I go forth to Brine!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home