Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Labels

Hah. I hadn't noticed the labels function. Otherwise things are pretty much the same, though I don't know what it's like from the managerial end, since I don't have a blog for my students this semester, at least not yet.

Mom will probably not post again (unless she emails me a post) until I can get over there (tomorrow) to get her set up. Not difficult, really.

Had a nice dinner on Saturday night. Woods came over, and I made: mozzarella/prosciutto/salami/melon bite-sized appetizers, fennel and blood orange salad (from the SF Chronicle), prime rib, sage/cheese rebaked mashed potatoes, julienned leeks, glazed carrots and shallots, and an orange layer cake. And cibatta. All was good. The salad was a particular hit. Nice for the end of winter. Blood orange season (and I also use cara caras for color contrast) is almost over.

I am deep into Jane Austen. So far I've finished Sense and Sensibility and Mansfield Park and am now into Emma. I've read P & P a zillion times, so I skipped it and will probably read it last. I've read all the others before (and Emma more than once, I believe), but a long long time ago. What a treat! I wish there were more. This volume also contains her fragments; I may read them, too.

The snow is melting, and I still haven't posted any photos. I'll do it soon.

Anyway, the labels will be great for recipes, but I don't have one today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home