Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Snow Envy

Gainesville

So! Snow that actually lives up to expectations! I'm very glad to hear it. Pictures, please, for those of us chronically snow-deprived. Guess that would just be me. Now that I've been away from the stuff over 20 years, the annoying parts have all faded into a silvery haze... and also I almost never have to go out in inclement weather of any kind these days. Easy to romanticize it under these circumstances. Mom, I'm glad you're still heeding Pa's sound advice about having a fire escape at all times.

Sandy, thanks for more movie-talk. I too loved Out of Africa, and thought Madison County was a wonderful movie made from an awful book, thanks to Streep and Eastwood. As for dear Jody, I didn't notice her in Alice, but she had me at Taxi Driver.

Glad to have your commentary on Marie Antoinette. I will definitely check it out. I know the score will bother me (I adore Ladyhawke, but the anachronistic score annoys me every time), but I know Sofia makes good movies: The Virgin Suicides and Lost in Translation are both drop-dead wonderful.

Gotta get to bed, as I need to be up early to go to the local Comics Conference. It starts at the ungodly hour of 9:00 AM! Let the record show that I minimally Blessed the house today. I have a plan B type meal on tap for tomorrow night, after spending all day listening to papers. When I'll find time to food shop I'm not sure.

The long awaited, anticipated Sixty Days... arrived from Amazon around 5:30. Have not had a chance to read much of it, as the same box also had the GN Ice Haven, which I read through immediately (takes about an hour) . I'm currently reading six books at once! Alas, I can tell that the other five will have to wait until I finish Sixty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home