Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Status Back

Gainesville

Slowly recovering from DPT (dinner party trauma). The post mortem continues. Many mysteries. One thought I had today: I had the lowest status of anyone there... not only a mere spouse, but a spouse of a lowly Library mini-dir. (The other three mini-dirs are not married.) Everyone else outranked us on campus. It's been decades since I gave a thought to things like status, but this event was rife with it.

Couldn't face going out to shop yet again today. I'd done a quick supplementary Publix run-through on my way home yesterday, so had some basics. Did one of what Peg Bracken calls "Old Faithful" -- Seriously Spicy Chicken. Had Sandy's Carrots and a salad as sides. Got the carrots a little too sweet (in my haste to fix both at once, I got everything, including sugar, into the wrong pan, so had to transfer, and added a bit more in the confusion) but everything was still good. Used the McElroy olive oil -- very nice.

I'm now reading both The Songlines, about the Australian Outback, and Will in the World, a recent biography of Shakespeare. One in the bedroom, the other in the... family room, I guess we call it now, since we never watch TV anymore. Both are wonderful. I'm also plowing through Jimmy Corrigan-- beautiful, but very depressing graphic novel. Can't remember if I mentioned that this year's UF Comics Conference is next weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and there is a paper on it. Just found out about it a few days ago. I am so out of the loop!

Heh. And THEY are so lame. Not only can't they get the info out to interested people (me), but their site is down now, and only a week before the event. I was going to put the link in this post. Pathetic. I'll post it when it comes back online.

And now it's time to StumbleUpon bed. :-) Hope you Northerners get all the snow you can handle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home