Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Quest Begins

Gainesville

Got my food shopping done today, not including a planned trip back to The Fresh Market either tomorrow or Tuesday. The real reason for the second trip is to begin shopping for that damnable Cocktail Dress I need for the Friday dinner party with the Provost. Of course said Dress will also need its own shoes and a little evening bag. I have half a dozen faux pashima wraps from a cruise-- surely one of them will be a good enough match to keep me from freezing if it's cold.

It was worth waiting a day to drive Moonbeam for the heated seat alone. VERY cold here. Last night was a record low for the date: 23. And very cold all day today too. Supposed to get down to 25 tonight. Surprisingly, my neglected potted plants, up against the house, all seem to have survived.

Watched last week's and this week's Battlestar. I'm missing at least one, maybe two eps because of the Cali trip-- TiVo is still messing up on the difference between the Cable feed and the Satellite. It favors Cable, but something is wrong with that hook-up, so only snow gets recorded. The only way to make it do Satellite is to do channel/time recording, like the primitive VCR days. This is SO not what TiVo is about. Very annoying.

Dinner was a kind of interesting take on cube steaks-- seasoned with paprika and Worcester sauce and broiled, topped with onions, green peppers and mushrooms in a wine sauce. One of Leanne's better ones.

Had to skim over about 50 pages of Arthur & George-- just too disturbing. If it becomes apparent it's critical to the story, I'll go back and plow through it. I don't usually do this with a book-- if it gets too heavy, I just stop reading. This this one has two stories going, and I am fairly engaged with the other one.We'll see. What I think I'd like to read next is a Jane Austen mystery, recommended by Sandy. Need to get my fingers walking over to Amazon and see what I can see. Always a dangerous prospect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home