Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bio-Alarm

Gainesville

No, Mom, YOU didn't exaggerate anything-- it was me! After reading Sandy's letter written about the time I moved from Baltimore, I reminisced about that birthday party-- and after so many years, the party had ballooned in my imagination to 25 friends. Then the very next day, you transcribed my letter from that time, and I described the same party with only 14 people. Sorry I was so vague. I just thought it was funny that I remembered it as twice as large as it actually was.

Today's installment of my letter from that time was fun for me to read, although it makes me weep to think of all those herbs I grew. That was such a wonderful garden.

Having trouble getting back into FL groove myself. All I want to do is read. And that was pretty much all I did today, except cook dinner and clean up after. (And be bar maid, of course.) I fixed a broiled skirt steak thing, peppered, sliced thin, served on fresh spinach and topped with a very nice milk-based mushroom-dijon sauce which thickened up beautifully. Faux-tatoes and blanched asparagus on the side. Alas, this made for a crazy last minute tango trying to get it all on the table at once.

I have run out of several of the vitamins I take, so need to go out tomorrow. A couple of other errands need doing, so I probably won't get back to Blessing the house until Tuesday.

This morning I woke up to the sounds of thousands of Sand Hill cranes-- at least it sounded like that many. No sign of them, either, so they were probably on the Prairie, making the musical racket all the more impressive. The cat was freaked, but I thought they made a great alarm clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home