Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Mountain Climbing

Gainesville

Very cold here once again-- down into the 20's tonight. The heat pump is pretty worthless at times like this, and though it runs constantly, we huddle around the gas and electric heaters. And of course tank up on warming spirits.

My virtual Ferry Building purchases continue to arrive. Yesterday it was the stuff from McEvoy Ranch. The hand lotion is wonderful! I love the way it feels and smells. I haven't tried the actual olive oil yet, as this is the part of the week I don't cook, but it has a very full-bodied fragrance. Still haven't test-driven the Bodum glasses either.

Mom, I got your card. Beautiful as always. Thanks for the article about the Dark Tower comic. I knew it was coming out last week, but our local comic outlook did not take part in the midnight madness. I forgot to stop there when I was out Wednesday, but I'm sure they're already out of it. I will try to buy it on Amazon. If I can't, I know it will be out in Graphic Novel format eventually. It looks beautiful.

And you know, you really didn't need to itemize and pay back that stuff. I'd forgotten all about it. Thanks for the pictures-- I assume the blue dot and the black dot are Sandy and I from The Beach House balcony. And good to have a picture of that magnificent print of Half Moon Bay.

Thanks too for transcribing Sandy's letter. Nice snapshot of that point in time, plus her reply to your letter is an interesting mirror of what you were doing then in your travels.

Congrats on climbing Mt. Washmore. (It can never really be conquered, you know-- only climbed. Then climbed again. And again...) I did towels yesterday-- part of the twice-weekly routine. I do 4-5 loads a week. Bill does his own clothes, but I fold them. Laundry is a part of daily life here, and never becomes a peak to be scaled anymore.

I spent way too much time yesterday and today struggling with my work email account. After being locked out of it for about a month, I finally called work and had them reset the password-- sometime the only thing that works. Then the fun of dealing with over 2,000 new messages! It's complicated by the IMAP client I'm using, which is not cool with such large numbers. It's going to take me days (she says, hopefully) to get the mess cleaned up. What I need to do is get the comics lists changed to my atlantic address and then just shut down the work account. Once I get everything off it, of course. Sigh. Talk about a mountain that just gets higher and higher.

I am about 20 pages away from finishing 50 Degrees Below, so that is the agenda for the rest of the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home