Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

mom 2

13.III.07 - MoM

At least, the BEBug massacre is keeping me active! Will be curious to see tomorrow if I have made any dent in the population. I managed to get 287 trapped in the shop vac today. Of course, I was out there a lot more frequently than either day before. I don't like the idea of napping in Lafuma with all them guys flying around. They don't mind landing on you. Since the sunroom was added onto the existing house, it would be hard to seal them out. A couple of days ago I had "Googled" them and found that they come in to get warm in winter and leave for summer, so between what I am doing and end of winter I look forward to the end of this nonsense. They also say there wasn't much in the way of poisons that are effective. I had a pile of sacks of special planting soil stacked out there and it was easy for the bugs to crawl in among them. This morning when Charlie came by, I asked him to bring in an attractive hamper from the shop that I am not using and the dirt went into it. All the little things I am doing there are a start on getting the pots of stuff that died while I had my extended stay in CA last Sept cleared out and making that room attractive again.

The snow is gone except for a few shady spots. I have had the outside doors open a lot during the past few days. Maybe some rain and possible ice later this week -- hoping is doesn't mess up my eye appointment on Thursday. I now it is too early, but I am starting to look for the first green tips of the bulbs to push thru the ground. It doesn't look good in the front bed. Even though the ground is still frozen, there are already signs of gophers or moles digging around the area. With all the woods around us, our yard is heaven for them. I think they hold conventions here. Once we had Orkin come out and they told us it was useless to try to do anything about them. When we first came here we tried the Juicy Fruit Gum treatment that was popular then and the little "bombs that you stuffed in the whole and lit -- again nothing.

Ate my "dinner" at about 5 (a larger half of last night's chicken pie and ice cream) so now I am enjoying my gin, the am determined to get to bed early and before I fall asleep in my chair.

Will send this again tonight via e-mail through Sandy. Really crazy,
Back to letters tomorrow. Too pooped to do more. Chasing those guys and pulling the vac all over was tiring. Guess I nave to face I'm getting old. Will send this again tonight via e-mail through Sandy. Really crazy,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home