Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Can't beat this weather!

26.VIII.07 - MoM

Ugh! You found my new toy on Amazon? I had looked for it there as I have at least $100 in cash "rewards" from my Visa card. Oh well, there will be more things to spend that on.

Thanks for info on cucumbers. I'm sure using you technique will do the trick. Although I am eating less salt than I used to, I like the idea of salting every layer.

This morning, I was able to find a recipe that Sandy wanted from my Cooks Illustrated yearbook, so copied it and e-mailed it to her. It is for cupcakes frosted with a Ganache. It is now in my computer and I'll e-mail it to anyone who is interested.

I always seem to spend more time with the paper on Sunday. I just remembered I didn't finish the crossword puzzle in the TV section, today.

I talked with Kay in the early afternoon. She is probably going to have to have some more neck surgery. She has an appointment in October to see about it. It will be after our Lake Pepin week.

Don't know where the rest of the day has gone. I really didn't accomplish much else. Sandy sent some food to me that Dave Wood dropped off so I don't have to think about what to have for dinner tonight.

We had another sunny and beautiful day. A gentle breeze kept the house at a pleasant temperature. The moon has been big and bright lately. I hope it will be clear on Tuesday night for the lunar eclipse.

I have finished dinner and much to my surprise I ate all of the potatoes, and the chicken drumstick and even more surprising, all of the green beans. I heated only the potatoes. All of it was good. Now, I can enjoy my drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home