Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hope this makes some sense -- too sleepy to think!

22.VIII.07 - MoM

Your blog last night was fun, Suzy. What a whirlwind trip that was. And, how disconcerting to have such a room. At least, it was cheap.

I have gone the entire day without a nap and I am really suffering now. I am going to have a hard time staying awake until a time to go to bed. (I wasn't able to stay awake, and had a 15-minute nap. I don't think that is going to keep me from going to bed early.)

Today, we went to a riverfront restaurant in Hudson that we have been to several times before. It was particularly good, today. We didn't see a "handicapped" entrance, but I had no trouble with the half dozen or so steps up from the parking lot. It did turn out to have a special entrance in the back, and one that didn't go thru the kitchen, like Chez Pannisse. We used it to exit.

Sandy took me to Hudson Target to take care of a list I had developed. I did it using the walker, of course. For some reason, I had trouble with my neck pain. It didn't help that I had to really lean heavily on the walker today. I wanted to use the walker but when we got to County Market for grocery shopping, I was ready to accept the idea of the wheelchair that Sandy suggested. I was able to propel myself. They have increased the store size greatly and the chair was heavier than mine and it took more use of my arms, so I was happy to skip some of the aisles. They had huge baskets of Mums that were almost as pretty as the bushel basket of baby ones Sandy found for me last year. Also, I could not resist a beautiful orange potted lily, that I needed for the table in the front room. (Just fell asleep while sitting at the computer typing on this.)

Since, I had such a large lunch, I settled for a Boost for dinner, Now as soon as I finish this and my drink, I will be more than ready for bed in my chair even tho it is early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home