Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Countdown in Progress

Gainesville

We're leaving tomorrow sometime in the morning, aiming for Chattanooga. Monday we plan as long a drive as we can stand, hoping to get near the Wisconsin / Illinois border. That should put us into River Falls at a reasonable hour on Tuesday. The hotel's check-in is 3:00, so if we get in before then, we may show up on somebody's doorstep, depending on the hour. We should have a better idea about that Monday night.

I'm all packed except for last minute stuff, which I have listed and/or laid out. Bill, not so much; he's a last-minute kinda guy

Here's an idea for your shelter, Ma-- compact florescent bulbs. They don't put out heat like regular bulbs do. We'll look into it when we're there.

I did indeed finish up Strangers in Paradise pocket 2. And then spent still more time going through the companion album, reading the author's interesting glosses on what I'd read, swooning over the full color stuff, and getting an idea about what's next. I'm not even halfway through the saga yet. I'll be reading Jane Mysteries on the trip.

Speaking of which, I'm glad Becoming Jane is getting decent reviews. I've always liked Anne Hathaway since seeing her in the short-lived but very good sitcom Get Real, but I fear she's much too pretty to be a convincing Jane, even as Kira Knightly was too pretty to be Elizabeth in the theatrical movie of P&P. Great to see the Jane-craze continue, though. And at least Hathaway will now get a chance to shine on her own without having to compete with Streep!

I cleaned out the fridge tonight, and we had whatever was edible for dinner. Pretty strange. But at least this time I won't come home to as many science experiments gone awry as I usually do. She said, hopefully, knocking on the nearest tree product.

Looking forward to getting this show on the road, the prospect of farm fresh produce a la Sandy, but especially seeing everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home