Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Won't be long now!

9.VIII.07 - MoM

I had one of my most sleepless nights in a very long time. I wasn't really uncomfortable, but just could not sleep, read, or do anything but lay there wide awake. I did write an e-mail to you, Suzy, then a little later, your blog had come through. I finally fell asleep from 5 a.m. to 6.

I fell asleep a couple of times this afternoon sitting upright and once almost fell off on the edge of my chair. I tried to keep naps to a minimum, hoping to save sleep for tonight. I am going to put on the AC and hope hum will help.

Chris was probably coming home today. Kay called this morning. Someone will be coming by the house for a week or so to continue his treatment before he goes back to work.

Nothing to write about as I didn't do anything much today. Tonight I made a good finely chopped chicken, celery, onion, dill pickle salad with Mayo that made a filling salad. The rest of day I had my various health food things.

While looking for the missing page (tomorrows), I got caught up in the "drama" and had to skim ahead. I was surprised at the details I had forgotten. It was a very traumatic time.

I thought the short haircuts that you girls had in the pict were cute. I liked that pict of DoD, too. He looked so young. I guess you saw that he was reading funnies.

Looking forward to seeing you here Tuesday!

* * * * *

The declining dollar continued to mess up our dream life in Saalfelden.


29.I.87 69.0 KG Donnerstag

Woke up about 4:30 a.m. and tried to sleep again, but gave up a little after 5 but did not clean or dust, until I dusted the floors mid-morning. Woke DoD at his usual 6:30 a.m. but he had not had a good night for sleeping. No matter what he says about not worrying during the night, I am sure his mind is churning about what we are going to do. He did get up soon after. Still worry about putting so much stress on him.

According to the 6 a.m. news the dollar will be dropping further today. DoD called Herr Wontroba to see about talking to him about what we might expect when we talk to Frau Manhardt about quitting our lease. He did not tell him why we wanted to see him. He is tied up today but will call back about when he can talk to us tomorrow. He mentioned the dollar and did not help with the prediction he has heard in Munchen, that the dollar will go down till it is one on one with the dollar but that it would only be for a little while then would go up again. I am afraid that by that time the whole monetary system would be in complete chaos, instead of just a mess like it is now. And we could not handle that. Our rent would take the whole month's salary!

I am not getting much done these days. Did a little computering, a bit on Sandy's letter and Bill Harrison's, too, but sort of holding off on finishing them till we know what the Frau is going to say. Since we might want to leave 1 May we want to get it out in the open with a 3 months notice, although I am sure that is not going to cut any ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home