Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Just another day.

6.VIII.07 - MoM

Did not check the temp today -- was comfortable with the doors open and no AC. I started the day when I woke up at 5 a.m. I probably could have gone back t sleep, but decided to have breakfast, instead. As usual, it had been late when I finally went to bed -- still in my chair. Of course, I had to have a nap in the middle of the day. I didn't see anything about your weather today, Suzy, so presume the storm has moved on.

Charlie was in town so he took a batch of stuff to recycle for me, and put the garbage down at the curb even though pick up won't be until tomorrow. I continue to gain strength in my leg as I continue to get around the kitchen leaning on the counters for support.

I managed to download the pictures from my Canon camera from Lake City. It is too easy to take multiple shots of things so I also "edited" them. I also tried to get rid of some of the obscene number of pictures I have stored in IPhoto. I did some, but with the overload it takes a long time for each one and I get impatient.

The place on the my face was looking okay this morning, but tonight it doesn't look so good in the surrounding area. I have had some trouble with tape allergy in the distant past and wonder if that is the culprit. I am letting it rest open for a little while before finding some non-allergic tape. Of course, I will cover it tonight.

Nothing exciting to write about but better than some of the alternatives that I don't want to even think about.

* * * * *

More from the Saalfelden, Austria, daily notes.

27.I.87 69.0 Kg Dienstag

Had bad headache as I slept longer on my right side than I intended. Going to give that up for good again. Did not get to Apple as we went shopping early to Billa. Load was heavy with a supply of gin, the Champagne for DoD's birthday tomorrow and some meat.

I finished mounting the slide roll and picked up a roll of Kodacolor pictures. That new Gold" Kodak film is quite good. After lunch and DoD's nap we went for a walk in the Ritzensee area. Quite a lot of action with skiers. The next two weeks or so are quite busy here with some important ski contests. Had the picture to take to the hat store from the Raths and somehow lost it out of my pocket. Will take the other copy one of these days. Had their name and address on the back. Wonder if it will ever get back to them? Walked for a couple of hours. It is so beautiful here with the snowy mountains. That is something we are really going to miss.

Sliced and dried some onion rings with my little dryer. Made pretty good flakes. Funny, you can't find plain ones here -- only very over brown toasted ones. One of the things we will not miss here is the meat they cut with a dull cleaver and leave full of little shards of bones. I managed to get most of the messy bone out of some double back lamb cutlets. Fried them and they were quite good. Tried the Igloo "Italian" veggie mix and it was a nice change. That with the usual boiled potatoes made a good dinner.

The one aspirin we take every day (along with my moduretic) took care of my headache for the day. Went to bed very early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home