Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Another doctor's appointment

1.VIII.07 - MoM

I was watching my news a short time ago as I was finishing my dinner, a major bridge collapsed in Minneapolis during rush hour. Lots of cars and people in the Mississippi. That has taken over even on national programming. My 7 p.m., MSNBC guy (Keith Oberman) is comparing it to the Oakland Nimitz Bridge collapse during an earthquake. Chris, I know you came in from the airport on Highway 35 -- this was on 35W and University.

This morning I had my 2nd hip check with the surgeon. I had my 2nd night in my bed last night. I stuck with it but was had a very uncomfortable period during the night while trying to sleep on my side. It hurt more than it has lately today. The X-rays showed progress but a little slow perhaps due to my age. So, I have another appointment toward the end of September.

Since I had been out just 2 days ago, we didn't do anything else. Sandy filled the hummingbird feeder and took care of the bird bath on my patio while she was here. I had filled the fountain and watered the deck first thing in the morning. I dumped the rain gauge as perhaps we might have some precip tonight. So far, it has not developed.

I got one of my cards and a note ready to mail tomorrow to Bill Fendrich for his 90th birthday this week. Later, I started to putter a little in the kitchen so the counters are somewhat cleared so Paige will be able to clean them tomorrow. I had let stuff collect there while Chris and Kay were here. On the chopping block, I continue to fight the "sweet" ants. I think the population seems to be diminishing some. I also got the counter of both bathrooms under control. Funny how little time it takes when you get with it. Still need to continue work around my recliner.

Dinner tonight was from the chicken and salad from my Monday restaurant lunch. I need to go to the dentist as my mouth is so sore, but meanwhile I cut my food unto small cubes and am able to eat.

It is about 8 p.m., and I am so sleepy, I am going to really go to bed early tonight. I really love your blogs, Suzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home