Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A continuing good time on this mini!

26.VII.07 - MoM

We just got home from a nice jaunt across the river to Pepin. Visited the Pepin Depot Museum -- mostly a collection of stuff for sale for next to nothing that helps support some of the Laura Ingalls museum, etc. And we went out to a replica of the house where she was born.

We passed up a very expensive with strange menu restaurant. I had eaten there several years ago with DoD and Sandy. Instead, we went to the nearby "Pickle Factory," where the overflow frequently ends up. I had not expected much but we were pleasantly surprised. A shared appetizer plate of breaded fried onions rings, cheese curds and chicken pieces was very good. Kay had some wild mushroom soup, that she said was wonderful, and a turkey and ham sandwich (I think), Chris had a taco salad in a tortilla shell that he said was extra good. They each ate half of their servings, the exchanged plates and finished off the rest. I was so full from the onions rings, etc., that I barely made a dent in my Chef's salad.

We wondered at the start about what was to come, when my house gin on the rocks arrived and was dark brown. It was gin in coke! Needless to say, that went back to the bar.

I had opted out of going with Chris and Kay to the restaurant in the building for dinner and had planned to eat on my barely touched salad. However, there were storm warnings for our area of possible bad storms. It had been at least 100° during the day but with gathering storms the temps had dropped some so they encouraged me to join them outside to enjoy the fresh cooler temperatures and breeze. When the rains came we moved to my little patio, drinks and all. By the time we had the a drink and the shrimp dip that Kay had made just before we left home, any plan to eat further disappeared. They were saving room for popcorn to go with an in room movie and I was going to have a little ice cream before doing the blog. The rain and storm was too minimal to do anything for our drought. I am having a hard time staying awake to finish this. Still a chance of further storms during the night. I have turned off the AC and will turn on the gas fireplace if I get as cold as I was last night.

I made a little progress with sleep and my leg. I was actually able to sleep for about 3 hours in A BED. No recliner chair for further sleeping, so with your blue throw, Suzy, I made my bed on the sofa for a couple of more hours of sleep before getting up about 5:30 p.m.

No serious plans plans yet for tomorrow. Probably will try to grill the frozen ribs from Schwan's on the public grill.

Too exhausted to write further and will just hope that what I have written makes some sense as I can't face even a quick proof.

Will try to go better tomorrow. This has been a nice break and vacation for me while been waited on hand and foot, as well as good food I haven't had to fix.
ß
Can't believe this food things you put together, Suzy. More power to you. Will be glad when and if I ever get my routines going well enough to keep it up. We went to sleep during that sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home