Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

He Did It.

Gainesville

Barry did it, and I got to see it! Hurrah! I was disappointed that they pulled him from the lineup, though-- all he had to do was hit a triple to go for a cycle on the same night! :-)

Of course, I'm worrying about Chris now. Knew nothing about any medical problems until tonight. Thinking of him and holding him in the Light. Please keep us informed.

Our travel plans are in flux. We now have some flexibility with Carrot's reservations, so driving should be less of an ordeal. One way or another, we should be up there this time next week. Details to follow

I got at least a few of my countdown items done: gassed up Blue, got a haircut (pretty drastic!) and did a quick Publix shop for bread and an alternative to the oven-intensive meal I'd foolishly scheduled: some lovely lamb chops, which I broiled.

I adapted an old favorite recipe I stumbled on this weekend for a Basmati rice/ black bean salad using cauli-rice. It worked great! It's a lot of work, but worth it, and we were both blown away by it. Also found time to snap a pound of good looking green beans and get them blanched. Bill was late getting home, but had everything ready to go T-15 minutes.

Whoa, pretty late now, must get to bed. At least the Giants game vigil is at an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home