Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, August 10, 2007

What a revolting development!

10.VIII.07 - MoM

Suddenly today, with no prior notice, the city decided that as of this morning, no more watering of your yard until we have a real rain. Charlie and Sandy called to tell me. I would have expected the city to send everybody a notice. Except by word of mouth, one had to find it on the Internet if you happened to read the daily additions on line to the weekly paper. It wasn't in this weeks paper published last Wednesday. I am sure that many people don't go on line every morning to see what's new or even know that this exists. I called my neighbor, Rita. They have only had their sprinkler system for a few weeks. It was a surprise to her, too. Of course, one seldom sees many people sprinkling their yards here. Supposedly, this is to last until we have a soaking rain. Showers are called for perhaps tomorrow but they have been saying that for quite a while with nothing.

Chris was sprung yesterday. Even the nurses are having a problem getting the fixed shunt far enough into his vein to deliver the continuing antibiotic. He is a patient tutor -- he worked with me some more on the phone on the slides.

Since Chris and Kay are interested in a return visit to "the Willows" this fall, I made reservations for a week this time early in October. It can be tweaked -- but during fall leaf time, you never know availability. (CHRIS: I'll be calling Saturday with further discussion about the Willows.)

Last night was a little better than it has been lately. I actually had to have the AC on for a while. I still didn't have a lot of energy today. Finally, this afternoon, I did get around to making a little progress toward getting the overstuffed tote box by my chair under control.

Even tho I slept some better last night, I am tired tonight, so the
"Daily Notes" will have to wait till tomorrow.

I had the AC on this afternoon, till I got cold, shut it off, and now time to put it on again. Think I will at least start the night with it on.

Only a few more days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home