Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Can't get to bed too soon -- asleep on my feet

29.IX.07 - MoM

Last night was my first full night in my bed since my latest broken hip -- a little over 4 months. Since my chair doesn't recling like it should, I decided to start the night in my bed. It was fine for a stint of several hours on my back. Once I got past that, I just could not stay on my back. I finally resorted to some sleeping on my side despite the pain managed a couple of spells of sleep on either side. I managed to get a little sleep each time and was able to last the night until 5:20 a.m.

While I am not as enamored as I used to be with the Today show, I usually turn on the Sat 2 hours that begin at 6 a.m. I managed to stay awake till time for it. I was really unhappy when they started showing :"paid" program stuff. Turned out they had golf starting at 7 a.m. I managed to stay awake by having CBS morning show for a while. I gave up on MSNBC as they were repeating so much crime stuff that I have already heard several times so went to HGTV. It served as back ground especially since I had already seen some of the stuff several times and it was purely background noise.

Just one more day to go on my stickered month on the calendar. Only missed our Iowa days, but I had durin the last 4 days in August -- my starting date.

I earned my little glittery parrot on the calendar today with the "Fridge Toss." Times like that I am exceedingly grateful for a garbage disposer dump. I cut up the cooked chicken (from this week's rotiss) for the chicken dish I want to have ready for Chris and Kay's arrival on Saturday.

Had my Thea call and she was able to hear and understand me well. She didn't stay on the phone long as she was "busy" sitting at the dining room window watching the exciting activities across the street leading up to the wedding there tonight. The weather has been nasty, but has cleared up and is supposed to be good. There is also a wake at the house next door (across the street, too?) for some one there who just died.

Early this week. I need to revise my "Willows" take/do/etc., list.

With my old age, like so many other women, my eyebrows have lost all color and lately, I have resorted to having to "enhance" them a little with a pencil, a drag, especially as the facial clean wipes away the day before's effort. I am trying very hard to keep this subtle, but it is a drag. I am kicking around ideas to make it easier. Currently, I am considering a little cutout that I could tape to the brow area and do my short "pencil" strokes within the cutout area. Have only been giving this any thought during the past few days. I'll keep you posted on this earth shaking idea as it develops. I wonder if there is something like it around?

Time for bed and to give my brain a rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home