Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Forgettable

Gainesville

Can't help but have a giggle that you have heard/seen a new Bruce tune before I have, Mom! I've been resisting bootleg sites, and tho I know the Today appearance is already on YouTube, I've so far resisted it too. Call me extremely old fashioned, but I'm waiting to hear the whole album (yes, I still think in those terms) when it's officially released Tuesday. Glad to hear you liked what you heard. From all accounts, this one seems to be a crowd pleaser, and I am so part of that crowd.

The past few days have been pretty forgettable, so I'm busy forgetting them. Let the record show that the plates I juggle called "weekly routines" landed pretty much on the floor. Only fresh towels are still in the air (i.e., folded and in the linen closet). But, Monday is Another Week, right?

Can only hope I'll be able to dig out from under the other heaps of plates, mostly of the paper variety cluttering up the physical space, but also the mounting middens of digital trash. Necessary to plow through them in order to rescue the rare gems buried there.

For my own record: I read Arthur C. Clarke's Songs of Distant Earth over the past few days. Just what I needed, just in time.

A call went out from the Library's pre-owned book store today for mass market paperbacks to resell. I quickly identified 10 that we own in hard cover. Will get them in next week. I'm sure there are many many others.

Hope you resolve your chair/bed problems, Mom. Bed is a good skill to have, especially if you want to travel. Good luck with that!

Tomorrow is a local Gator game day, but it's a night game. Which means it will be a bitch to shop any time during the day. I will give it a shot, but expect to encounter zoo-like conditions.

Bar is still open. Will make my last one, then try to stay awake for Bill's drinking pleasure. It's only 1:30! Which reminds me to note: Outback was virtually deserted last night. Great fun, as we arrived early, and had plenty of time to chat with Mel -- been ages since that had been possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home