Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Late Nights

Gainesville

I was suprised to see I'd actually managed to make a post last night-- I'd assumed I'd lost what I started earlier in the evening.

Lasagne was a multi-hour adventure (as the real thing always is) but was a great success. I even managed to get the kitchen cleaned up before it came out of the oven. The frozen lumps performed their miracle and turned into lovely soft rolls, and a nice salad of spinach and spring greens, walnuts and crutons with blue cheese dressing finished it off. Half of the leftover lasagne is in the freezer (after dumping a few things to make room), the rest in large single servings in the fridge. We'll see if any of it gets eaten.

Football, football and more football. Watched Bucs and Skins eek out wins, happily, but then they have to play each other next week! Oh well, at least a team I love will win that one. We are very unhappy about the changes to Sunday and Monday night football next year. But on the other hand, that's one fewer game each week to act as a time-sink.

Tomorrow will be the realy New Year start: a holiday for us. My plan is to get my own calendar in order, at least a few of the Christmas decorations stowed, and the house blessed. Wish me luck.

This blow-by-blow account of Dad's ordeal is arduous to read, but fascinating too. I did not know about the MacNamara thing. I would imagine the knowledge of what was going on at that level in Defense must have added to his burdens. Thanks for persisting with this, Mom.

Nice that La Puss slept with you last night! You might think about sharing your space with a cat-- they really are good company, and good conversationalists, too.

Nearly 3:00 AM here. Feels fine now, but I dread what it will be like Tuesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home