Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Still Smilin'

Gainesville

So exhausted I can hardly think. I did manage to get down to Special Collections for 1.5 hours this afternoon, starting on 1947. However, since I've decided I want to look at the ads too, it took much longer. I got something sent off for the deadline today (San Diego) -- in fact, sent TWO proposals. Will also send them both to the Washington one, and see who wants what (if anything). One is on the comics ads, the other on Smilin' Jack. (The comics Sandy brought me helped focus on that one.) We'll see what comes of all this.

I also finally wrote up a blurb for the hour long presentation I promised to do for the Library on March 30. I'm not too worried about that one-- it's just a rehash of all the stuff I've done since the sabbatical. And at this point in my career, there's very little at stake there.

Came home to a puddle of water on the kitchen floor-- apparently the dishwasher is clogged up. Thank god it didn't happen during The Visitation! I worked around it, but it did leave a lot of dirty dishes that Bill insisted on hand washing. Good thing it's Thursday, as I can be here when the plumber comes.

I made the Broiled Lamb Patties recipe from Leanne-- and discovered I didn't have enough Feta-- faked the rest of it with a bizarre combo of Dubliner, Brie and parmesan. They were great! Sliced up the rest of the 'Baga into fries, and had leftover string beans and asparagus tips. Good grub.

Mom, I forgot all about that butter pecan ice cream we bought-- sorry! I hope it isn't still in there the next time you visit.

Even though I was around in 1981, I didn't realize you were ever all that serious about moving back to Iowa. Interesting.

Hope your party today went well today, Sandy, and that your trip tomorrow goes smoothly.

Will try to get back to the Diry tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home