Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

W and W

Yeah, that was Wally King (Waldo), and Ward was someone Mom will remember, whose name was quite different from Ward. They took over from Sherwood in or after 1959. They began their first shows singing to the "Halo Shampoo" jingle: "Hello everybody, hello! I'm Ward! I'm Waldo . . . " then trailing off into "Who are you?" and being very silly. Later on they changed to singing to the tune of "Oh where oh where has my little dog gone:" "Hello everybody, how do you do? I'm Ward, I'm Waldo, and who are you? We've songs and stories until eight-ten. So why don't you stay with us! Till then!"

If I looked at the KSFO sites enough I'd figure out Ward (Herb something?).

Anyway, the only photo of Wally King seems to be the group one with "Man on the Street." Mom needs to dig hers out so we can scan it for those folks who are doing the site.

Gotta go. It's onion planting day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home