Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The One About Sox

Gainesville

This will be short as it's 66 in here. I've got the portable electric heater on, but it only helps a little. The cat has got the chair in the TV room next to the heater commandeered, of course.

Hope you saw my post last night, Mom, which ended up being before yours. Glad you had a good shopping adventure yesterday.

Mine today was uneventful and brief. I just did stuff for the next few days, saving the Tnx shop for early next week when I finally get a menu settled. Tonight I made one of Leanne's for cube steak with browned onion sauce, very good. Had the last of the cauliflower dishes and broccoli from last week, and a small salad.

Just remembered I need to go out and process the celery I bought today. Darn-- the kitchen is all shiny, so I'll have to redo some of that after-- but if I want the celery to be in usable shape, plus have some sticks cut up for Bill's dipping pleasure, it must be done tonight.

While helping me get new virus software last night, Bill got my scanner working again. Now if I can just find that old picture of me Dot Hope gave me at the retirement party... that's the problem with decluttering-- stuff gets neatly filed away, but who knows where?! Still, it's better, and I'm glad if my baby-step efforts are motivational for you in some way.

I applaud your efforts to organize your food supplies and make healthier snack choices. I finally finished the annual bag of corn nuts I allow myself each birthday. Not that I consider them unhealthy, but they are hell on my glass jaw, and of course they are tooth-breakers too. I wish I didn't love them so much, or that they'd make ones that are easier to chew.

While having espresso tonight, we watched the DVD part of a new Boz Scaggs CD Bill recently acquired. It was nice, and I really love his song, "We're All Alone."

Later I folded some of Bill's socks while watching an episode of West Wing. Great stuff. (The show, not the sox, although they are perfectly fine sox as sox go... )

Gee, doesn't this sound like one of my kid-diary entries?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home