Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Poly Sci

Gainesville

Well, you should be ecstatic, Mom. I just heard that the Dems won in VA, and in doing so, now control both houses. I stayed up watching til about 2:00 (blame it on Cottey Poly Sci professors Caylor and McReynolds that I'm still an election night junky) and must say it is good to see that political change via ballot box is still possible in this brave new world. Whether it translates into real change remains to be seen. The biggest surprise to me was the Resignation so soon: What does he have to hide? It seems unseemly hasty.

Bright cold weather here after a full-bore rainy day yesterday, while I was out and about, first voting (amazingly easy at around 11:45, unlike 04's chaos) then driving clear across town to the preferred bank in the Millhopper area to TCB. While there (in driving rain) I also picked up bread and biscotti at Upper Crust and grouper at the fish market. I made the latter into a cashew- crusted dish that I managed to blacken on the outside and leave one piece undercooked on the inside: d'oh! Can't remember what we had with it. I came home drenched, and had to change out of wet clothes down to the undies.

Today I woke up fretful and fearful: a problem with IRA agents surfaced last night. It's usually lovely to have men fighting over you, but not in this context. I dealt with it as best I could, but it's not over yet.

While out yesterday I picked up the new Stephen King, Lisey's Story, [rhymes with "SeeSee"] and read it whenever I had the chance today. It reminds me of Bag of Bones, one of my favorites, and so far, at least, is a similar, except from the wife's POV. At some point during the next week, I predict I'll pull something close to an all-nighter to finish it.

Did some Blessings (floors, dust) today, some laundry both days. Still trying to establish the new habit of Sharing A Bathroom. So far so good. If FL is right, it will take another month to get it right.

Sandy, how is your home-grown housework system going?

Wrote bills for longer and later than usual tonight, as Doug's visit disrupted that particular routine. All is well. FL's Office in a Bag is a lifesaver.

Clock just struck twelve. Oh thank god! My bio-clock is still trying to adjust to the return to normal sun time-- was sure it was sometime after 1:00. If I can just get off of this Internet freeway w/o getting killed or caught (thanks, Jerry Jeff Walker) I just might get some sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home