Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Puppy Lives

Gainesville

LIVE-- from my desktop! The second replacement power supply arrived today (the first was the wrong size) and was duely installed-- and the angry wasps were still there. Sigh. This left only one remaining culprit-- the souped-up graphics card I got to play Everquest had it's own little fan, and THAT was what was making all the noise. D'oh! But meanwhile, I have a much larger hard drive and a more powerful (and quieter) power supply. We dropped the graphics card in the trash since the one that came with the computer is fine for everyday use. If I ever get back into gaming again, I'll get another hot rod.

Slept late, as I'd not slept well last night. Began the FL Crisis Mode (tm) cleaning. Took a break to have lunch with Bill at Merlion, just down the street, then started hitting the 15 minute timer again, changing rooms whenever it dinged. I'm tired, but not terribly so-- I followed the plan of sitting down to relax for 15 minutes once an hour. This routine made it possible to do some detail stuff that was beyond what's needed: base of toilet, purge of shoe shelves in the closet (in an attempt to give Guest some place to hang up a few things in my bulging closet), and getting some temporary sorting bins out there.

And my music keyboard is unearthed and playable again! It was lovely to hear you played the organ again today-- "Lazy River" has been in my brain ever since. Maybe next week I'll sit down and play my favorite easy song: "Rainbow Connection."

Strange what sticks: Besides "Lazy River", I've been dealing with "Million Dollar Baby (in a 5 and 10 Cent Store)" Anyone else remember this? And why should it haunt me now?

Congratulations on progressing to one crutch, Mom. Your singing "I'm Flying" as you get around is truly delightful. You go, girl! But take baby steps for awhile, please!

Sandy, you gave away Dove Promises for Halloween treats?! This would never happen here-- We ALWAYS have them around because Bill has to have them here and at work-- but they have to be fresh, so we don't stockpile. I try to tell him what Army Chocolate was like, but he can't relate. I remember the smell of it, in the car.

Well then, to bed. Nice part of this time of year is, it seems hideously late, but clock tells me it's not even 1:00 yet... and the same delightul pattern will repeat in the morning. Should be an interesting day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home