Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, April 09, 2007

HAPPY EASTER!!

8.IV.07 - MoM

Got home from the Woods at 11:30 and Sandy sorted out the food and stuff she was going to take, then left a lot of it behind. I don't envy them their drive to SV. At least the weather is good and the roads are clear. Sandy was helping Ruth get the show on the road so Charlie picked me up at 3:30. picked me up at 3:30. The other guests had gone a while ago. It was a really fun time and excellent food.

I wondered why one of the men that I had had a real good conversation with a couple of years ago was treating me like a stranger. I knew he had had a drinking problem and he was going to AA and today he was drinking cokes. After a little bit he seemed friendly again and I was pleased that he was sitting beside me at the table. And, we were having good conversations again. I didn't know that he has developed Alzheimer's in the past couple of years. So sad and he is only 75! I was the oldest person there but I got around better than a couple of the other men.

It is midnight now and I am sleepy -- I got up at 6 this morning, so I'm going to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home