Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Warm today cool tomorrow! Crazy

14.V.07 - MoM

I am starting this in the late afternoon as there is a good chance that we may have some rocky weather this evening and again later tonight according to the report so I may have to be unplugged. It is 87° and muggy. My arms are sticking to the computer. I guess I should turn on the AC but I hate the noise the fan makes. The area needs rain, of course, but thank goodness I have sprinklers to protect my yard investment. I going to use my summer comforter tonight. Oops - I was going to cool my bedroom, but the winter covers are still on the window and wall AC units. The local weather report calls for 52° tonight, high tomorrow of 66° and low if 41° so it shouldn't be a problem. It was 91° in The Cities today. Crazy. Just checked your weather and is much like ours today. Is it still smoky?

That picture of 4 generations of females was a spur of the moment quickie. I was sitting too far back and scrunched, no chance to comb my hair (I am way overdue for a haircut) and I don't think I am as fat as I look (I weigh around 140, compared to 165-70 when I was seriously trying to lose during the 1970-1988 period.)

I though I had mentioned Ben's big boy bed, earlier. I had seen them on home TV shows and think it is a neat idea, but I would hate to try to make it as the ladder is fixed near the head of the bed. There is only one bed and up in the air, with open space under for a desk or whatever.

I didn't get a lot done today. However, I did manage to get a note and a card to my cousin Fred for his Thursday birthday. I used to think it was awful that it cost something like 50 cents to mail letters to Europe. A few more years at the rate we are going we are going to get there.

Back to an easy dinner tonight -- Schwan's chicken pie. How lazy can I get. Ordered two more cases of Boost from the drug store today. T'aint cheap -- that will cost me about $85.00 for 48 cans.

Dinner is over and now I can enjoy my gin. Kay goes into the hospital for some serious surgery tomorrow on her spine. She called and has an errand to do in Hagerstown, so is going to call me when she gets back later tonight. She is worried about this one. It will keep her in the hospital for longer than usual. I hope this will finally give her some relief. Tomorrow, I hope to get back to letters or notes. Tired tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home