Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So Far So Good

.2..VII..07 – MoM

I don't know if I will get a blog written tonight or not. I am trying to use my previous laptop that I have kept as a backup.. Sandy has taken my beloved to Marty's to see if she can retrieve the several thousand picts in iPhoto that have disappeared from the screen.

At least, I am not going to try to send tonight as I have to take it from my "lap" connection in my chair to the "command center" in the dining room to "hard wire" it into the system to connect to my so called wireless so will do it tomorrow when my mind sharper,

I took one Advil this morning because it was quite painful to walk even putting much weight on my arms on the walker. It helped a lot and I didn't need further medication..

I decided to try to make up another flower design, using Gerber Daisies. Charlie suggested that the unusual butterfly he had dried would be good with it. It was a great addition. However, it take many tries to get is all set up to my fussy specifications and even though I only moved the butterfly by the corner of a piece of paper, it finally fell apart. It was such an excellent addition, that I am going to look up a hobby shop (perhaps) or someplace I can buy a packet of dried butterflies.. I must spend more time on the notes while I have such a batch of unusual flowers in the pots on the deck. I am heavy of daisies, but they can be very effective. Suddenly, the printer won't copy a whole page – just a quarter of the page. It's always something with these electronic wonders..

I finally got all the taxes due later in this month, and other checks written and mailed.. I tried to work at my desk but the back and neck pains became too severe and I had to take it back to my living room chair..

I hope I can get the energy to try the French Onion Soup. I am with Bill – I like my French bread and cheese floating on top.. I also like a little soup showing around the edges of the Fr Bread.. I think that is what we used to have a lot at Gino's in SF. That was my treat when I picked up DoD at the airport on his return from a trip..
* * * * *

From my "daily notes" from our time in Saalfelden, Austria in 1987..

6.I.87 69.5 Kg Dienstag

3 KINGS DAY. Woke up during the night with the neck pain and headache and realized that while I was trying to figure out the numbers on my digital thermometer I had fallen asleep on my right side. Slept in till almost 7, figuring it was a holiday..

It has recently begun to snow and we had good snow a good part of the day. It was quite heavy at times. The temp was 32 F (0 C) give or take most of the time. Trying to keep up doing the bathroom and kitchen polish each day. With keeping the house picked up, it stays quite presentable looking.

Took down the tree today. Much easier to do than in the States as all the ornaments have boxes, and I have labeled the places for everything. The thing that took time was cutting it up to fit into kitchen-sized plastic bags. DoD used kitchen scissors and a little saw about 6" long.. It was a good-sized tree but we reduced it to 4 bags. My job was to hold the bag. I was having a lot of trouble all morning with my back shoulder spasms so decided it was a day to take it easy. And, couple that with a holiday and my weight gain for today made me decide it was a good day to have a package of micro popcorn with a little added Rama. Substituted that for lunch. Also, finished the last small piece of apricot pie.

Tried to work at computer or mounting slides, but had further headache, neck and back pain so did not accomplish much. Beginning to wonder if perhaps some of the neck is subconscious tension. Really don't have a lot to be tense about, but do have a few dreaded things that I need to do like a letter to Dot about Iowa. Also, part is physical as it bothers me at the computer table where I work on slides and when I use my arms for cooking.

Except for putting away the tree, it was a rather nothing day. All of the family above is now gone and we have a quiet house to ourselves again. Since I had been off my diet today, I decided to fry the chicken legs.. They were quite good. Managed to get things ready again about 18.00. Did go over my new drink level by part of a drink, again, part of not dieting. Tomorrow I am going to really serious up.. I went to bed right after the news at 20.00 and went to sleep almost at once...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home