Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Slogging Blogger

Gainesville

Blogger is intolerably slow tonight, so I'm writing this off-line for a change-- hope I'm able to post it later.

Nice progress today Mom-- Baby Steps, just what we're all supposed to be doing.I'm proud of you, and I'm sure FlyLady is too. Especially that you got back to your routines with organ and NT. It was fun to read tonight's letter to Dan where Dad was into organ too. It's too bad he wasn't able to convince Lala to get one. I'll bet she would have lived longer with some music to occupy her shut-in life.

But I can't believe Dan ever used the word "sexier"! That is so out of character. The Dan I knew would have used something like "more becoming." Sex did not exist in her world, as far as I could tell.

Aha! I just got this message when attempting to post a comment to Mom's entry:

Blogger Problem
This server is currently experiencing a problem. An engineer has been notified and will investigate.
Status code: 1-500-11

Guess this may have to wait til tomorrow.

Pretty good day-- flailing away at email support problems most of the time, making a bit of progress on my project the rest of it. When Bill reminded my tonight of the upcoming three-day weekend, the first thing I thought of was, oh boy-- here's my chance to get the scanning done for the current comics pages. I am in Da Zone with this thing, as in, it is at the top of the memory stack.

We got home late again, but I had no choice but to do the delayed chicken dish, Leanne's "Lemon Chicken". It sounded strange and complicated, with both a brief dip in a sweet/sour marinade prior to sauteing and a dipping sauce, but to my surprise, it was wonderful. Also tried her suggestion of fried cauli-rice, which was a revelation. A bit of last minute multi-tasking, stir-frying the rice while monitoring the saute, but it worked out, and left the whole house smelling like a high-zoot pan-Asian bistro. This one is definitely a keeper. And who knew cauliflower could be such a perfect stand-in for both potatoes AND rice?

Dentist tomorrow morning, the last of this series, I hope. Then the rest of the day working at the home office. With any luck, this is a preview of life post-retirement: mundane stuff in the morning, work on the passion in the afternoon.

Okay, let's see if we can post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home