Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

SAD and Sick People (D)

Gainesville

Bill DID stay home today-- even he had to admit how sick he was. I waded out into the thick of it alone. He seems better tonight, but still no fun to be around. I hope he stays home again, but if he does go in, he has to be there at 8:30 (about 8 hours from now) and here I sit, typing and nowhere near ready for bed.

Naturally we did not go out for dinner tonight. It was a good thing that during a recent mining operation in the freezer I'd unearthed a package of "Beef Stuff", and so was able to transmute this into the "20-Minute Tuscan Soup" variation, which was perfect for the sick boy. He felt nurtured and fed, I felt great satisfaction at having pulled this off without much effort. Note to self: Time to make another batch of Beef Stuff.

Have now finished the puzzle except for the sky and the (impozzible) border. One piece is somewhere on the floor-- very hard to find on an oriental rug! But I'm sure it will turn up.

Hope you cabin-feverish S.A.D. victims get some sunshine soon. I chased a mosquito during dinner, so you see what it's like down here.

I should comment on the '52 Republican convention (Sandy, you do remember about "wing-dings," right?), but too tired now. Besides the Miracle of Dinner, I changed and laundered towels and got the kitchen in a shiny-sink state. I have earned my FL stars today.

[Vacation Symbol]
[at upper right:] *see end of book
Thursday, July 10, 1952
192nd Day--174 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
Today I got up at 8:58 or 2 minutes before 9. We had hot cakes for breakfast. Then we watched the convention. After lunch Lala taught us to Play Canasta. I came in 2nd (so far) Then had the nom. for nom tonite. Also the Wing ding* "Ike" had a good one but now McCarther is butting in to take Ike's votes. Boo to macarther. De Joirk. Suzy

[Vacation Symbol]
[across top:] I LIKE IKE
Friday, July 11, 1952
193rd Day--173 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
We got up at 9:00 this morning IKE IS NOMINATED!!!! He was within 9 votes of winning when Mininisota changed its votes for him. I had a bath & then Mom picked us up. At riding we just rode it was fun. I got Hank. Sandy got her hair cut (pro). My fatal hour is tomorrow (snip) Mom & Dad are up at Hellen's the time is ten till 2:00 A.M. Chris is asleep in Television Room. Suzy

1 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Yes I certainly do remember the wing-dings! All modern conventions pale before this very wonderful one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home