Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Wildcard Thing

Gainesville

One night (last) it's mosquitos, the next, freezing p's (plants, pipes, pets, and another I can't remember just now). Spozed to drop into the 20's tonight.

Bill was much better today and went in to work. Which meant an incredibly long day for us-- nearly 10 hours. Bill wanted dinner out, so we went to Bahn Thai. It had been so long that they'd forgotten we like things hot.

I got alot done on my project today, then forgot to bring home my keychain drive where it all was saved. Maybe just as well, as there are lots of other things to do this weekend. Which is, of course.....

WILD CARD WEEKEND! And the Jags are in it for a change. I want to get the shopping done early tomorrow so I can see both games. Will be without the benefit of meta-football, though, as our TiVo download problems continue to the point where we have no program data-- once again have to pay some attention to the TV schedule. Not really a problem, as I haven't watched any TV other than football in weeks. A certain complacence sets in when you know TiVo is looking out for you, and you just keep putting off watching. But now that's gone, oh no! It still works to pause and rewind live TV (no small thing). Will try to have it up and working again by the time Mom and Sandy visit so you can see what it's all about in it's full glory.

Checked out a new show, The Book of Daniel, tonight and thought it was quite fine. Too good for network TV, so I don't hold much hope for it surviving, and will try not to get too attached. But it had wonderful complexity, was funny, a cast to die for, and the stained glass window freeze-frames were brilliant. It reminds me of Nothing Sacred, a show I loved, and was broken-hearted when it was prematurely cancelled. I'm reluctant to watch any new show because of that risk of heartbreak. But who can resist Jesus as an imaginary playmate? Especially when the role is played by an actor whose last role was a whorehouse murderer in Deadwood?

Did a loada laundry. Struggled mightily to convince my computer it should allow me to print a new batch of shopping lists. The usual nonsense.

And now it's time to
Jump in bed, cover up your head
And the wind blows through your nighties
The sun shines bright in the middle of the night...
(the rest is left for Sandy to complete)

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

And the baby wets his didies!

God, where did that come from?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Suzy said...

Yes. But the source was part of the question...

If I'm not mistaken, it was Susie Sponsler's dad that came up with that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home