Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Buzzed

Gainesville

So much for Tuesday being my "free" night. In the mail today I got a glorious book of reprinted Buzz Sawyer strips from the beginning, which was also the beginning of WWII, about 2 years worth. I couldn't put it down! I just vaguely remember Buzz, but always liked it. I fell completely in love with Roy Crane's work. I'm about half way through the book, and if I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd sit up tonight and finish it. It will act as background to the 40's projects I'm working on (put in another 2 hours on them in Spec Coll this pm), but hope to get back to Buzz eventually. In some ways he's more appealing than either Terry or Steve Canyon, and I wonder why.

Was confused by your first paragraph tonight, Mom. Can't figure out what music you mean. I remember a moody, jungle thing called "Quiet Villiage" (?) but maybe not in the same ballpark?

Made a simple Mexican casserole thing with ground turkey. Got a mis en place for tomorrow's beef veg crock soup ready to go in the morning. Swept the kitchen floor! (The prospective new habit for the month). Bill went to bed at 10:00-- a long day working on the final budget, plus more stuff in the student newspaper about the library-- we've become something of a political hot potato.

No Diry tonight. So sorry. Still spring here. A very long azalea season, since it's been relatively cool.

Time for ZZZZZZZ's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home