Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Fluttering/Decluttering (D)

Gainesville

Spent most of the day on Blessings-- the house is truly and well Blessed once again. I even got the kitchen floor done. I want to make sweeping the kitchen floor part of the after-dinner routine as my new habit for the month. Wish me luck.

Bill had to go into work for about six hours today to work on the Library's budget. He was up at 5:00 to go on an online raid with some buddies of his in Japan. Needless to say, he has already hit the sack, exhausted. And he has an early morning tomorrow too.

We are relearning the joys of hand dishwashing. The plumbers we had come in Friday pm told us it wasn't the plumbing (and charged $59.00 for that infobit). So now we will have an appliance guy tomorrow afternoon. I'll need to come home at noon to cover that. We've had Mrs. Higgins less than 10 years, so we're hoping it is something minor.

Made a rather uninteresting Cajun Salmon last night-- had run out of my home-made Cajun mix, and the substitute I whumped up was not very good. Bill and Carrot loved it, though, and when I ate the leftovers for lunch, it tasted better today. Tonight I did Tondoori chicken (breast quarters with bones in) and it turned out great. I was quite pleased. Made FauxTayToes and sauteed some green beans with onions, also one of my better takes on that. I used paper plates and bowls as much as possible during cooking, but there still was a ton of dishes, as we ate off the real thing. I washed 'em all.

Did a couple loads of laundry, too. This did not leave a whole lot of time for relaxation. I really should put in an hour on data entry on comics ads, but not sure I'll manage it.

Bill continued his decluttering of his magazines, to my amazement. He has cleared out 4-5 of those storage boxes lined up along the north wall of the TV room. I hauled out a few armloads of catalogs and throw-away mags to be recycled. Let's hope this momentum continues-- Douglass roped his Uncle Bill into buying magazine subscriptions. To my chagrin, I find I am now subscribed to Southern Living and (not again!) Rolling Stone. I MUST keep up with decluttering my coffee table heap weekly or I will soon be completely buried.

Clothes are next on the declutter list. Sandy noticed right away that I have way too many clothes-- and she was looking at just ONE of my closets!

Glad to hear you are working on some more of your nifty notes, Mom. I can't wait to use mine for something. They are so beautiful and original. And how nice to have some pretty snow this late in the season. It's good you have people to help you deal with it so you can just enjoy it.

Also glad to know you had a good time here-- but really, we didn't knock outselves out at all! Sandy did all the heavy lifting when it came to cooking. Next time I'll try to do more of that, and hopefully will be less angst-filled about my conference presentation.

And now, tonight's episodes of The Reluctant Eighth Grader

[Entry almost totally illegible-- dark blue ink from previous day's entry bled through the page, obscuring the pencil of this one]
Monday, October 20, 1952
294th Day--72 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning was an awful rat race--. I had caf duty as usual and this afternoon I went to Mrs. Duttons house for scouts. We are going to be a [illegible] troop. Tonite Lala & Fran came down & Chewed [illegible] Their was another big fight tonite & [rest illegible]

Tuesday, October 21, 1952
295th Day--71 Days to Follow

This morning all the electricity was off. Brenda had Sandy & I down for breakfast. Then we rode the bus to school. Thelma didn't feel good. She spent most of the afternoon in the nurse's office. Mr. Mersman wants to go to the skating party so dad isn't going. Boo Hoo. Pat brought back her slip. Suzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home