Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Paste 'n' Pray (D)

Gainesville

Blogger is down-- I'm writing this on WordPad. I hate that, because there are so many formatting problems when I paste stuff in. Works much better for me to compose in the Blogger window, then paste to Word to backup/archive.

Warm weather again and bugs are back. I hear it's supposed to snow in D.C. tomorrow.

Was so proud of myself this morning for having gotten the crock pot stuff already to just toss in and turn on. Problem was, when I got home I realized I'd forgotten to add in one of the ingredients-- a couple of cubed zucchinis. D'oh! I threw them in, then cooked it on high for half an hour. Actually worked pretty well to have them slightly al dente, although I'm sure the glotch would have been thicker if they'd disintegrated a bit more. This was a Southwest-type thing (cubed top round, red bell peppers, salsa, beef broth, basically) and we all liked it.

Got the sheets changed this morning and the towels tonight. Towels in the wash, a load of Bill's Big Whites almost dry enough to fold. Will watch some more of Wallace & Grommit while doing that. Kitchen is all clean, including the new habit, sweeping the floor. Gold stars for Da Suze.

Trying not to fret about the library presentation. I realize it's all wrong for this audience-- not nearly technical enough, and most of them know zilch about comics. I will do some reworking the next few days but Friday I freeze it and start practicing the reading. Keep telling myself "Just Do It."

Starting to work on logistics for Atlanta. Not sure we're up for the whole four days. Most of it looks just awful, such bullshit. My panel is 8:00 AM Friday Morning (!) April 14. We'd planned to drive when we thought we'd have a new car by now, but we'd need to rent. Maybe we'll just fly up. ATL is not so stressful when it is the destination. We'll see.

Spent an hour plus working on the ads index for 1948. I figure another week and I'll have both 47 and 48 done for both ads and comics. After that, I must talk to some database experts to see if what I'm doing makes any sense.

Sunday, November 9, 1952
314th Day--52 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
We went to Sunday school & BRENDA of all people went to! She may even join the chior. She came down & we played for a while then we went & saw "Rancho Notorious" (murder, hate & revenge) with Marlene Detrich, Arthur Kenedy & Mel Ferrer also "The Merry Widow" Lana Turner, Fernando Lamas & Una Merkel Simply Wonderful. Watched T.V. a little. Suzy

Monday, November 10, 1952
315th Day--51 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we rode to school as usual. Mr. Kallenbach read my story "The Big Sandpile" and at recess he discussed it with me. He wants to put it in the school paper. At scouts we did our nails for good grooming badge. I have it figured out how I can get a 1st Class and a curved bar in one year. I don't know if its legal tho. We watched I love Lucy. Suzy

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Please, from the Saturday posting of Thea's 7th birthday party, who is Aunt Donie?

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

I'm sure that Aunt Donie is Sidonia, but who exactly I don't know for sure. I think she must have been grandma's mother's sister. Thea is absolutely certain to know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home