Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, August 25, 2006

All-Dayer

Gainesville

One shelf at a time sounds like the perfect Baby Step to me, Mom, especially when combined with getting the kitchen in order and a successful adventure with your BBQ-PITT.

I have no such accomplishments. Enough that I got out of bed at a decent hour, went out shopping, and got most of the errands done. Alas, I stumbled across a book I didn't know existed, and have been reading it ever since: Mammoth, by John Varley, one of my favorite authors. Only half way through it at this writing, and were I younger, I'd be looking at an all-nighter. As it is, it will be an All-Dayer* tomorrow. Hope I can find time to plan meals and shop. If not... who cares? I have an All-Weeker to rectify the situation.

Yeah. This is going to be a big problem PR, when the crushing cage of the work week is not there to impose some sort of order and deadline. When Monday and Friday don't carry the freight of meaning they do now. How will that work?

Lotsa rain today, made for exciting driving. Giant mushrooms are sprouting in the back yard, a sure sign that things are back to normal, precip-wise. At least for now.

And my goal for right now is to get to bed before I remember how much I want to find out what happens next in that book...
---------------------------------------
*Thanks to the wonderful Get Fuzzy for this glorious phrase!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home