Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

BZZZZZZZZ...

Gainesville

My computer is still in buzzsaw mode, so this will be brief. Had to shut it down last night so we could sleep in the next room. This is going to put a damper on working at home tomorrow. Will probably put most of the time into comics-related reading-- maybe I can get through Poison River.

Back to work. Bummer. But it wasn't too bad, since I got to drive myself when I was ready to leave (a little after 9:00) and leave when I was ready to go (around 5:30). I drove Moonbeam, which was fun. A little adventure on the way home, though when I accidentally turned on the seat heating-- kept wondering why the AC wasn't working so well!

It's term break here, so quiet on campus. I spent all day moving my stuff off the library's file server, which is desperate for space, and onto CD's -- filled up 9 of them, freeing up over 6 gigabytes of space. It had to be done eventually anyway. There are many duplicates in there, but I just copied everything and will de-dupe later. Yeah right. Good to have that particular job out of the way, though.

Made a strange but good meatloaf for dinner, and had parsley-steamed zucchini and salad as sides. Sliced one of the zucch's into sticks for Bill, as well as some more celery sticks. He's snacking on these with store-bought dips. I will be looking for good dip recipes come Oct 1.

Carrot's blood work came back and it looks fine. Her heart murmur is sub-clinical, as is her hyper-thyroid tendency. I know more about her health than I do my own!

I'm really enjoying Strange/Norell, the book I took on the trip, though I'm less than half way through it. Great fun. Reminds me a little of The Sot-Weed Factor, only with fantasy elements woven into the history instead of farce.

What a nice day you had, Mom. And I'm glad you found some organ shoes.

I need to mail you the clippings about the new library-- Bill saved me out a set, and they are sitting here waiting for me to deal with them. I'll put that on my list of things to do Friday. Along with writing some more about the trip. Certainly not going to happen tonight here in the wasp nest. Wish I had those noise-cancelling headphones here-- they're at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home