Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Diversions

Gainesville

Sitting in front of my actual PC tonight-- the horde of angry hornets inside it had subsided to one somewhat annoyed one by last night, and today, none at all. I will never turn it off again! The other factor is, it's so warm inside that having the laptop on my lap is pure torture. Advances from the cat are meeting a cold shoulder. Or rather an overheated shoulder.

I've been sneezy and sniffly all day. Never left the Tank until quiting time, and we didn't get home til after 7:00. This scuttled the planned meal, and I had no Plan B. This forced a deep backup meal, Dogs & Kraut. Which turned out great, and was ready in about 20 minutes, including freshly steamed asparagus and a salad.

If I had any sense at all, I'd make myself go back into that nice clean kitchen and saw the frozen pork tenderloin in half, then refreeze half and leave the other half in the fridge overnight. In the morning, when it's still partially frozen, I could cut it into slices, and be able to fix the planned meal tomorrow even if we get home after 7:00 again. Do I have any sense? That very much remains to be seen...

Does anyone here read Mary Worth? Those of us addicted to the Comics Curmudgeon site are all agog about Mary and her stalker. It's suddenly become the most exciting strip out there, much to everyone's surprise. Meanwhile, what's probably my favorite single Sunday strip of all time appeared yesterday: Lio. I'd post the whole thing here if I could figure out how to extract it from the link. It takes about 5 minutes to read, and I laughed the whole time. What wonderful stuff!

Yes. I know. I need help.

Better than usual day at work: I got a trouble ticket that no one else could figure out, it was close enough that I could stroll to the other end of the large room and check it out, and I was able to fix it. I wrote it up properly, so someone else can fix it next time it comes up. Also, managed to make it to a Systems Department meeting for the first time in ages. Those are all such good people. I'll miss them.

More preseason football tonight. It was on ESPN, so that unfortunately alerted me to the Yankees/BoSox "Boston Massacre, Pt. 2." Bleahhh.

Good for you, jumping in where you are once again, Mom. It is surprising how that shiny sink meme works its way into the subconscious, so that when it isn't there, you know things aren't right. And you know exactly how to fix it, and it doesn't take that long at all. Let's hear it for FlyWashing!

Speaking of which, towels just dinged, so I folded and put them away. Changing them on Monday has been deeply programmed, and Tuesday mornings are the better for it. And I like the idea of the penny release. Except, they should count them in terms of pounds instead of cents. We have tons of them. If we were to release them all at once, they'd have to send an armored truck to haul them away.

And by the way, Mom, no apologies for spending time on the NYT Monday puzzle. That should be something you give yourself a star for-- brain exercise! That's my excuse for Sudoku, anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home