Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Laptop or Else

Gainesville

You deserve a holiday from blogging, Mom. You've been the loyal poster for a long time. I usually take Thursdays off, as you may have noticed. There is no law that says you have to blog every day, so take a day off whenever you need to.

I did indeed devote most of yesterday reading Poison River, and finished it up today. After reading what Hatfield had to say about it (a big help figuring out what exactly was going on-- a very convoluted and confusing comic/graphic novel) I realized I needed to read Love & Rockets X, which Beto wrote simultaneously. About halfway though that one. Can't imagine how he kept both these complicated stories going at the same time: they were originally put out as single issue comic books.

Good to meet up with Mel at Outback last night after about a month. And to have some good seafood after a week in the mountains. We had lunch out yesterday too-- Bill wanted to see what all the local advertising of Moe's burritos was all about. They were indeed good, and I had the rest of mine for lunch today.

Did the normal towel thing yesterday, the Blessings today. Finally got up the courage to deal with my shedding feather duster: I washed it with baby shampoo, then blow-dried it. We will see if this kills whatever has been feasting on it lately. FL is right, it poofs right up again, as if by magic.

Two thunderstorms today, one around 4:00 the other 8:00-ish. Must be August. This month marks the 42nd anniversary of my original arrival in Gainesville. Good god.

My computer still sounds like a nest of disturbed hornets out for revenge. This is posted from my laptop, a more challenging interface. I'd better learn how to use it, or else. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home