Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Dismal Winter Day

Gainesville

One should not be using words like "raw" or "bitter" to describe an April day in Florida-- but it was both. Barely 50 and drizzly rain. And I can't believe I'm putting the down comforter on the bed every night! They say this cold snap is supposed to last the rest of the week. The cat and I move from heater to heater, and huddle together to keep warm.

I made a crucial error in the dinner recipe tonight-- did not notice it said to PEEL the eggplant before slicing until it was way too late to rescue the mess. It was barely edible, but unpeeled eggplant does not stand in well for lasagna noodles. I may try this one again, with a couple of other alterations, as it had potential.

It's way too late because I was trying to finish the third Jane Austen Mystery. I am down to the last 10 pages. The mystery is solved, so I will wait until morning to enjoy the wrap-up.

Sleep time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home