Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Hot Crossed... What?

Gainesville

Happy Bunny Day. Hope the Woods party was enjoyable.

With Sandy's early morning help, I turned out quite a respectable standing rib roast. I made a mess carving it, but it still tasted great. Had fauxtatoes and roasted asparagus with it, and put the Mexican cole slaw leftovers out too.

I did dye eggs late in the day. They were hideously ugly, all speckled and blotchy, but who cares. They looked festive in the basket I managed to rescue from the Great Room chaos. (I had to use a vacuum cleaner extension to reach it.) Bill got into it too, and dyed a few himself. They are so old, I doubt they'll be edible. They were pasturized eggs, so who knows. Bill went out shopping late and brought back flowers. A nice festive table, along with the eggs.

I bought hot crossed buns on a whim. They are sin on the hoof-- all carby and sugary, PLUS, loaded with what Leanne calls "dog poop" (trans fat). I ate one, and will toss the other 8 out.

I finally ordered a new Cuisinart tonight; Bill insisted after seeing the cracked work bowl leaking fauxtatoes. It's an update of the 7-cup one I had before: a DLC-10S. I decided it's big enough for the way I use it. Ordered a blade holder too, as I'm tired of knocking them around in the cabinet.

It is still very cold here, and supposed to stay that way all week. I don't think we got a hard freeze last night, but we had to bundle up, and I went from heater to heater whenever I sat down to read or compute. Sun finally came out in the afternoon which warmed things up a bit.

Let the record show that I changed and laundered sheets today. Getting between them sounds like a good idea. With heaps of warm stuff on top of them, of course.
---
Aha -- I see you just got home from the Woods party. Glad to hear it went well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home