Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Can't Sit Down

Gainesville

Got the food thing done: menu plan, fridge purge, shopping, dinner. All went pretty well.

Dinner was a basalmic glazed fish (tilapia), Edamame, and a pineapple/ cantaloupe/ strawberry salad. Now I need something to do with a bunch of fresh strawberries, most not quite ripe. Maybe I can freeze them for smoothies, or make a granita, or something else. Help.

The smoke drifted in and out, but not too bad. They've had to cancel the White Springs Folk Festival for the first time ever, because the big fire (named "Bugaboo") is still threatening the park north of here where it is held. We went once about ten years ago and heard Tony Rice -- had a lovely time. Sad to think that it won't happen this year.

Continued Twittering today, and managed a post from my phone while waiting at the Publix fish counter. A great step forward in bonding with my phone, aka Pocket PC. Whether it is a step forward in retaining sanity in a phone-obsessed culture is another matter.

Nice to hear about your bird sightings, Mom. Once you get your new camera, you can post pictures of them.

Thanks for news of Kay. Hope her recovery is swift and relatively painless. She's had a hard go of it.

It was fun hearing about our last night in Europe 1985. I had forgotten the name of the town we stayed at outside of Frankfort -- Mannheim, of future Steamroller fame! Thanks for doing that logistical stuff for us. As I remember, it was a pleasant hotel and a very painless train ride to the FF airport the next morning.

Spent some time tonight working on a list of favorite rock songs. Stephen King posted a list of his in a recent Entertainment Weekly, and it got me thinking of songs that, when I hear them, I can't sit down-- I have to get up and dance! It was easy to come up with 24 of them. The hard part is dealing with the ones that keep coming to mind since, and deciding which will make the cut. The FUN part is having all these wonderful songs in my head, and planning what it will take to get them all into my iPod.

But now I'll try to banish them all from my head so I can not only sit down, but lie down and sleep, perchance dream, even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home