Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What Is

Gainesville

Love the pictures of Ben's bed (Marty, the only answer to making a bed like that is to get him a sleeping bag) and Sandy's kitchen-- looking good indeed. It always amazes me how people in my own family can make long term remodeling dreams come true. Me, I never acquired the knack. I tend to live with what I'm given, then watch it sink under the inevitable accumulation of clutter.

Thanks for the details of Marty's feast. It sounds fabulous. I've been entranced with that issue of FC . It arrived Saturday, but somehow managed to get water damaged before the rains came-- back cover is ruined. Lots of interesting stuff in there. I wish there had been pictures, but the images in the mag are a pretty good surrogate.

I made a strange meatloaf tonight that included a lot of sun dried tomatoes and their packed-in oil. Very messy prep (and a sloppy mis en place on my part) -- and the recipe didn't include an oven temp, I realized late in the process. I had to drop everything and do a bit of meatloaf research. It came out pretty well, for all of that. Fauxtaytoes were definitely easier with the newnon-leaking Cuisinart right there on the counter.

Many loads of wash (sheets, towels, whites) were accomplished, but not much else. Happily, the smoke was not in evidence here today, and by evening, it was actually quite pleasant outside. However, the fires are not out, and the drought is far from over. Just a brief break, really. The rainstorms were spotty, floods in some areas, nothing but lightning starting still more fires in others.

I did finish Sense and Sensibility, with too much sensibility on my part: many tears in various places toward the end. Happy tears. Now I'm anxious to see the film again, which I only have on videotape. I really should replace it with a DVD.

I really should go to sleep now: it's nearly 2:00 AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home