Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

2nd try to post this

17.V.07 - MoM

Tonight is generally considered the last chance of frost, but it is usually earlier. I was not sorry that I took in the 5 "baskets" (3 new yesterday) and I had a low of 31.5°. They probably would have made it but why take a chance.

Tonight, I had a most excellent dinner from the duck breast, wild rice (with cranberries), and steamed veggies from Lake Elmo lunch yesterday.

I don't seem to accomplish much in the morning what with newspapers, etc. Lately, I seem to finally start working for several hours in the afternoon. Today, I really had to get with it as I had accumulated quite a few plants that were in the sunroom needing planting. It was quite warm in the there so I changed to a very summer dress and got to work. It was bug and beeless on the deck and as the afternoon went on my work area became shady and a perfect temperature. I managed to wrestle a couple of big tubs filled with dry dirt from the sunroom to work on out there. The new coiled hose (a bonus from the sprinkler system) that is always on was a big help. It is buried in a box flush with the deck. I still have some more to plants and also will be buying some more for the many pots I have. I must look for herbs since all of mine died last fall. Some of those pots I had had for as long as 10 years.

I have tried to contact Chris by phone and e-mail every day since Tuesday, but no answer. I am sorry I had not found out where the surgery was to be done. All I can do is hope that it all went well.

A bit tired (or should I say lazy) to look up what to copy next. Will try to get back to it tomorrow.

Weather is conducive to good sleeping and no time for naps today, so hope for another good night. Wish I could send you some of this good air!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home